Mercedes SLK Luggage Rack
Revo-Rack £229.95 / $285 / 275 €
Revo rack is a completely new type of Mercedes SLK Luggage Rack. It eliminates the risk of paint damage, caused by steel clamps or straps on the boot/trunk lid edge. Revo-Rack can be fitted in under a minute.
With the Revo-Rack SLK luggage rack no metal touches your Mercedes only soft rubber vacuum cups these use the pressure of the atmosphere to secure the rack to your SLK's boot or trunk.
Why a Revo-Rack Mercedes SLK Luggage Rack ?
- No clamps
- No bolts
- No drilling
- No paint damage
- Conceived, designed and engineered for the SLK's small panel gaps and curvy boot/trunk lid
- All Mercedes SLK's have a panel gap thats too thin for a traditional clamp on the boot/trunk edge 3mm ish.
- Revo-Racks load carrying capacity has been rated at 20kg / 45Ibs
- Not immediately obvious how to release the rack from the boot/trunk lid - Impossible to pull off, therefore theft is difficult.
- If you do stop for a prolonged period and are concerned about your luggage we suggest you remove the rack and luggage and place it inside your car, a 30 second task.
- The Revo-Rack is not designed for permanent fitting, its designed to be used for a days driving/travel then removed from the car. Remove it, re moisten the vacuum cups with water and refit on multi day trips. ( It takes 1 minute )
The Rack Frame :
This car boot rack is manufactured from 25mm/ 1" 6063-T5 tubing this is an aluminium and magnesium alloy ( it will never rust ) As a result the rack frame weighs only 1.672kg / 3.6lb perfect for todays aluminium and composite boot/trunk lids. The cross bars are machine welded in place to ensure consistency, the rack is powder coated black. The rack measures 900x420mm / 36"x17"
The Supports :
The rack is secured to your SLK's boot/trunk lid using three 115mm vacuum cups, rated by the manufacturer as capable of holding an 18kg/40lb load each.
Vacuum cups employ the force of atmospheric pressure to grip a surface: When a vacuum exists between the cup and the surface on which it is attached, the weight of Earth's atmosphere holds the cup in place with incredible force. Unlike suction cups that produce a vacuum as they pull away from the surface, Revo-Racks vacuum cups use a hand-actuated pump to efficiently remove air from between the rubber pad and the attaching surface thus creating a much more reliable hold. Because the full face of the pad is brought into contact with the surface, distortion is reduced, allowing the cup to be used with very little risk of damage.
The Revo-Racks vacuum cup's pump feature a plunger with a red line, which serves as a vacuum indicator. Introduced in the1960's, this safety device is still recognized as one of the most reliable warning systems available. A few strokes of the plunger evacuate the vacuum pad, causing it to seal securely to the attaching surface. When the cup is attached completely, the plunger stops moving and the red line is hidden within the pump. A visible red line indicates if air has leaked back into the pad, making vacuum insufficient to use the cup. However, if the red line becomes visible while the cup is in use, a check valve allows the user to re pump the cup without losing the remaining vacuum.
Lifting on the release tab near the edge of the pad allows air to refill the evacuated space, so that the vacuum cup detaches completely. The racks sits 7.5cm / 3" off the boot/trunk lid
Revo Rack Mercedes SLK Luggage Rack ; Fitted in 30 seconds
Revo Rack SLK Luggage Rack ; Secure, Stable, Safe